Thursday, May 26, 2011

Emma Watson Italian Vanity Fair interview/ Perks of Being a Wallflower news

Emma did an interview with the Italian edition of Vanity Fair.
Credit:Love Emma Watson tumblr

Emma Watson’s Vanity Fair Italy Interview (translated)


How does it feel to be back in the city you were born in?
Paris always makes me feel nostalgic. My second name is Charlotte, a part of my family still lives here, so every day it’s a thrill.

Where did you grow up?
In the Marais, but at that time it wasn’t the cool district it has become today. The other night my dad brought me out to dinner there and it felt like a completely different place.

Did you manage to have a quiet walk?
More than in London. Only tourists stop me here. Parisian people feel a bit like celebrities themselves, so they don’t take pictures with me.

Is it because of your French origins that Glamour UK named you the most elegant woman in the world?
(Laughs) Maybe. I really like fashion, but also a certain understatement that’s typical of those French girls I see on the streets. My style is a mix of these two things: trying to be tasteful without trying to seek attention at any costs. I love simple things. Few accessories, not much make-up.

Now that you’ve won this title, aren’t you stressed when you dress up in the morning?
Oh, way more than before! (Laughs again) As soon as I see something I like I think: will this dress make me lose the title? But in the end, I just decide things myself.

For example, how long did it take for you to choose this dress?
Just a second, because I wanted to feel comfortable today. I had this DVF dress and I wore it.

How many times do you think you’ll wear it?
Unfortunately not many. These dresses are part of my job, you can’t and that’s a shame. But I give them to my friends, who are always happy about that. They periodically come at my house to clean out my wardrobe.

Where’s your house?
I have a house in London and in certain periods I stay at my mom’s in Oxford.

And where do you feel more at home?
At my mom’s.

How’s your bed?
Quite small. I live in a small room that I’m really attached to, though, because I feel safe and protected there. Big hotel rooms make me feel anxious. If I’m travelling with an assistant I’ll always ask her to exchange rooms. So she stays in the suite and I have a normal room.

Do you have any posters in your bedroom?
I have a big poster with all the movies by Jean-Luc Godard, and a few things I painted myself. I also pinned up a few letters kids have written me in the years that have helped me in the most difficult moments. I read them and I feel better.

In your website I’ve seen the open letter where you cleared up that you weren’t bullied at university in America. Why did you feel like pointing that out?
People are free to gossip about me, trying to guess which university I’ll attend, what’s going to be my next film or the color of my dress at a première. But you can’t speculate about the honesty of my fellow students at Brown University, who have always behaved. It was a fantastic experience for me.

What was the most difficult thing to bear?
Being distant from my family.

But, it also happens that you’re letter is dated April 29th, Kate and William’s wedding day. Were you trying to steal their spotlight?
(Laughs a lot) I see you got the point!

What advice do you feel like giving to Kate Middleton because of this “media hangover”?
The only advice I have is always be true to yourself. Never have something to hide or lose. This applies to Kate Middleton and to all human beings as well.

Do you think that Kate is a lucky girl?
In a sense, of course she’s lucky: she’s in love and she can do good to the world. She has all the potential to help others. On the other hand, she won’t have any more privacy or freedom. And she’ll always be a target to critics and pressure.

How do you recognise the people you can trust?
I had the fortune of becoming famous when I was really young, so my instincts, in that sense, have developped right from the beginning. I always know what people want from me, so I just play along.

You seem more mature than a girl your age. In what do you still feel like a teenager?
I’m kinda stupid sometimes.

Did you ever get drunk?
Of course. I think it’s normal at my age.

How’s your drunk self?
I’m not the best: I become boring and I suddenly feel sleepy.

Do you have a secret profile on Facebook?
No.

Do you ever chat with unknown people?
Almost never. But I have an app on my iPad I use to stay in touch with my friends. I often send them silly pictures of me.

If you had Harry’s broom where would you go right now?
I’ll surely stay in Paris. Maybe I’d take a trip in the zones I don’t know. But I also like being here with you chatting and drinking a cup of tea.

What do you remember of your first day on the set of Harry Potter?
I was overwhelmed. People everywhere. The first scene we shot was on the train, and there were lots of animals. Too many interesting things for a 10-year-old girl.

Were you more happy or worried?
I was a happy girl.

Do you still are?
I’m trying to.

Do you remember signing your first autograph?
Sure. I was baffled: what was an unknown guy going to do with my name and surname written by me?

What do you remember of the last day on set?
(She sighs and stays silent)

Did you feel relived?
Actually, I was more dazed than anything else. And something kept telling me that, in the end, it wasn’t actually over. Maybe Harry Potter will never end.

What was the last time you heard from Daniel Radcliffe?
Last week, he texted me. He thanked me again for going to see him on Broadway in New York.

How was he?
Brilliant and funny. But I had no doubts about that.

So you’re still in touch?
Of course, we’re friends. We also had a drink after his show, even if he was really tired.

Have you ever met in real life a friend like Harry is for Hermione?
Sure. I have good male friends.

Are they here with you?
No.

How do you keep your friendships alive if you’re always travelling?
I’m always on Skype, and I also text a lot: I’m the quickest girl at texting in the whole world.

How difficult it is to get your phone number?
Enough.

So boys are quite intimidated by making a pass at you.
That’s why it’s really hard to have a love story for me. I’m a famous actress. I’m usually surrounded by people who take care of me. And I’m shy. Honestly, I don’t know how to come out of this situation. As soon as I find out, I’ll let you know.

But if you see someone you like, what do you do?
I never know what to do. They don’t make the first move because they think I’m super busy or unreachable. The result is I’m still single.

But you sure had a boyfriend in the last three years.
Luckily, yes. But not right now.

Let’s make a plea.
Help me, please. (Laughs)

Have you ever hated Hermione?
I mostly hated her in the first movie of the saga, because she was a know-it-all, because of how she dressed and for that hair. But not all the other times. I’ve never actually hated her.

Do you still think about that character?
I don’t think she’ll leave me easily.

Did you feel guilty with her when you decided to cut your hair?
Honestly, no.

At least tell us the name of your hairstylist.
His name is Rodney Cutler and he has a studio in New York. He’s really good, and at every cut he kept asking me if I was sure.

And what did you answer?
I kept telling him: cut it, cut it all.

[not translated by me - thanks Hermiola]

EMPIRE MAGAZINE VIDEO

Empire magazine has a video on their site of the cast describing their Harry Potter experience in one word.


EMMA FACEBOOK MESSAGE

Emma wrote a new facebook message today.
"Hi everyone, sorry I've been neglecting you recently! Currently filming my new film 'Perks Of Being A Wallflower' in the US. It's all going really well, it's going to be a great film! What do you think of the Mark Demsteader portraits? How talented is he?? Not long to go now until the release of Deathly Hallows Part 2. Hope you're all as excited as I am! Love Emma xx"





PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER FILMING NOTES

local news reporter tweeted:
Just saw Emma Watson (Hermione from "Harry Potter") filming in a pickup truck downtown near the Wyndham

A Emma fan wrote an account of watching filming last night on her tumblr account

"Tonight, I got to see Emma, and it was glorious…


Seriously though, it was like a movie moment…well they may have been filming at the time so…but needless to say, it was beautiful.

My friend and I rolled up behind base camp and were just posted up along this guard rail, and after about 20min a rig came rolling up on our side of the street. So there’s Logan standing up in this truck, and I’m thinkin to myself that Emma’s probably in the passengers seat (indicated in the book) so I turn my focus, and there she is…and I swear to god dude, fuck I wish I had been taking video, but the lights were like hitting her face in this like perfect way and she’s all looking up and out—this is what makes me think they may have been still rolling, cause she looked as though she was still in the moment, ya know? But my friend said she just looked kinda bored lol—but regardless it doesnt fuckin matter cause she’s pretty much a flawless human being lol.

Then we just chilled for a while just kinda watchin what was happening on set. Emma seemed in really good spirits. She was dancin around a bit and hugging people…just bein all super cute as per usual…and it’s now officially my birthday!"


Another account on facebook:
"7 feet or less away from Emma Watson (sitting in the passenger side of the truck looking all nice and fine) and Logan Lerman (sitting in the bed of the truck). As the truck slowly (5mph) drove around, Emma Watson looked outside at Luke Jason Kapp and I (mostly at me), I waved/sprawled my hands in the air, she smiled and waved on back. Tears welled up in my eyes. 20 min later they came around again and I yelled out at Logan who yelled back with a fist in the air. I gave im a louder yell with both of my fist in the air and he did the same back to us. I'm super pumped and excited."


Update from OLV on filming locations:
Confirmed 'Perks of Being A Wallflower' is filming at the Fort Pitt Tunnel, Pittsburgh overnight tonight and tomorrow night, not a great place to watch since its on a highway. Friday filming will likely be at West End Overlook, Mon off, Tues & Wed at the theater in Dormont, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment