Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Emma Watson interview with Cinemania

Today we got a translation of Emma's Cinemania interview - thanks to harrypotterla.com. It's a really good interview that covers many different areas of ther life. So enjoy!

Cinemania

Why did you cut your hair?


You think it’s crazy? I’ve always loved it. I think it’s elegant. I’ve wanted to do this since a very long time, but I wasn’t able to do it because of the shooting. I feel like I’m beginning a new era in my life, so it’s a bit symbolic

because I associated my hair with playing Hermione. I needed a fresh beginning.



Do you want to change people’s perception about you?

I don’t make my decisions in a wise way. I just do what I feel like doing, and whatever makes me happy. I never decided thinking what others would think about it. I went to the beauty shop alone because I didn’t want to be influenced by others. I’m owning my look again. I’ve been another person half of my life. Just want to discover my identity.



Have you ever felt like Hermione has taken over Emma?

Definitely. But, strangely, what I feel has taken over me lately is this famous actress named Emma, which everyone talks about and who people think I am. As we three (Dan y Rupert) have been getting more famous, out of Harry Potter, I have felt that. But the truth is that, from any characters you could be associated with, Hermione is wonderful, she’s a heroine. I feel blessed.



What is going to be your first project after Harry Potter?

I’m contemplating many things but I can’t talk about them yet. I’m gonna try to film something in the winter holidays.



How are you getting over the end of Harry Potter?

We’ve always have this breaks between the movies. So, now I’m feeling like I am in one of those breaks and I’ll return to the set. It’s gonna take a while. But I think we are all excited for what’s to come, try new things. It’s a bittersweet feeling.



From all the directors, which one is the one who understood better the Potterverse?

Chistopher really understood the book’s heart; Alfonso, his magic; Mike understood the comedy; and David, the darkness and subtlety. Everyone gave interesting things.



Hermione’s family doesn’t appear in the books that much, does knowing so little about them hardened creating the character?

I think I created her in my head. Alfonso asked us to write letters about our characters, and I wrote how do I thought Hermione’s life was before going to Hogwarts: her parents are dentists, they are very conservative and

academic, with a very well organized house and that kind of stuff.



Do you think 3D is going to add something to the story?

Being honest, I haven’t thought about it. They never told us that while filming. But it’s going to be impressive, as if it isn’t intense enough without the 3D.



Is there something from the book that is not in the movie?

There’s everything. That’s why we made two movies.



Which was the most memorable scene?

The most fun was Fleur & Bill’s wedding, everyone dancing and everything. The last week I made a scene where I had to jump over a dragon’s back and it was amazing. As well as the scene where we are chased by Snatchers through the forest. Also, I’ll never forget the scene where Helena Bonham Carter tortures me.



How did they split the movie exactly? Was it like first and second half, or it depended on the story’s arch?

You really want to know, don’t you? I’m not telling you. Actually, I don’t know. They are going to decide it in the editing process, because we shot both parts at the same time. They are still debating how is it going to be.



How is this movie’s tone?

It’s epic! The scale seems to have grown immensely I guess there was this consciousness from everyone about this being the last film after ten years of work, is the finale battle, the last chance to show what we can do. And it

wasn’t just the actors but everyone: the custom designers, the people from special effects… the process was like, “Let’s say good-bye with a BANG!”. That’s why it will be something never seen before. I know I’ve said this before, but this film is another level.



What about your college life?

To leave my home was a shock. I didn’t know anyone and it was hard, but it was worthwhile because I had an incredible time and made new friends. I’m very excited to start my sophmore year with the knowledge I have now. Obviously I went for the academic part but I want to live like everyone else too, share a room, a bathroom.



What are you looking for?

Personally I just want to be satisfied, happy, quiet and stable. Professionally, I want it to be significant, I hope to be able to take the right decisions. And when I say ‘significant’ I mean to make someone’s day happier, make them laugh, touch someone. Or maybe after three years in college I will realize I want something completely different. I need space to decide, I’m not ready to say “This is who I am.” I have not defined who I am.



It’s impressive to hear you talk like that when you’re just 20 years old. What helped you be such a grounded and mature girl?

Harry Potter was entirely filmed in a studio in the middle of nowhere, in the most stinky, leaky, falling-apart-shed you can ever imagine, and I went to that place everyday for ten years. Yes, I made this extremely famous movies, but

everything was inside a bubble, with the same people. Everything was really contained. The crew became my family. I wasn’t involve with all the Hollywood stuff, that would’ve made me feel really disturbed and lost. No one ever treat me as if I was different from anyone, nobody treat us as stars.



There’s also my breeding. My family —and I can’t really make enough emphasis in this— ISN’T interested in the artistic environment at all. In my house, nobody watch movies, they are academic oriented, they are just not interested in this. Me being an actress is not their dream made true. They just want to watch me happy. Their

main focus is not my stardom.



And last, that’s how I am. Fame never attracted me. Actually, I’m quite shy, I’ve never liked attention and money. I feel myself a little bit like Finding Nemo’s Dori, I just keep swimming and don’t turn around to watch the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment