Friday, May 21, 2010

Emma Watson tours The Harry Potter Park at Universal

Emma has been touring the new Harry Park at Universal. Many photos and videos have been released. Also Emma was on the Today show. To see them all at one spot it would be easier to visit emma-watson.net where they have uploaded all the videos and photos. It sounds like they are doing more promotions while there so we may have more to look foreword to down the road.

The news about Emma being in a new movie is also a popular subject on the Internet.  Entertainment Weekly, MTV, Film School Rejects, and the Orlando Sentinel are among the many news sites covering the story.

We found an interview with the author, Stephen Chbosky in Shooting Stars Magazine dated Feb. 23, 2009, and it sounds like Emma will be Sam since that is the female character he talks about.
Yeah, because I very much want to make the movie version of the book. And I’ll direct it, and yeah, I’m writing the screenplay now. I should be done very soon.




Lauren: That is great. So when exactly would you hope for it to come out? Next couple years or…?

Stephen: Next couple of years, yeah. My thing has been from day one, I’ve had, at this point, probably a hundred offers on people to buy the book and make it a movie or TV show and I’ve turned them all down because I really wanted to do it right. It was very important to me. The book is, you know, the book is my baby, and so I hope in the next couple of years, if I can get the screenplay to where I really love it and I find the right three kids to play Charlie, Sam, and Patrick, then you know…I think we’ll be able to raise the money without too much problem. So yeah, cross my fingers that all that happens.

Lauren: Definitely. I know a lot of people were really curious about that because there’s been a lot of talk of it becoming a movie, and I think with you actually taking control of it, it’ll work out better because you can get what you want and the fans, they can’t really complain about that it’s not true to the book because, I mean, you kinda just make it the way you wanna make it, and I think that’s great.


Stephen: Yeah, and how I feel about the movie is that I know that, because you know I’ve read books that I’ve loved and I saw the movie versions and it’s never…everyone has their own version of what the book is, their own version of what Charlie looks like, and Sam looks like, and Patrick, what he looks and sounds like, you know. That’s what I love about books so much. It involves the reader so deeply. So all the movie can ultimately be is my version of it, you know, and I hope that people who love the book can get a little bit more insight. Because it is the book, but there are certain little differences that I hope they find interesting.

Lauren: Definitely, I’m really excited, so I really hope it works out.

Stephen: And to answer your other question, I will write more books. Absolutely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment