Saturday, October 4, 2008

Emma Watson invades Paris Fashion Week recap

I am ashamed to admit as an Emma Watson fan I failed. I failed to keep up with all the events Emma attended this week in Paris. I tried. I really did. I even set up various news alerts that would notify me whenever a new article containing the words "Emma Watson" hit the net. But to my defense, the news alerts couldn't keep up either. They missed half of them too. A person does have to sleep you know! So I'm just going to post some of my favorite pics, articles and videos of the past week.

The best article was from the "The Times." It was exclusively about Emma and Chanel. It's a must read for all Emma fans.
Plus a funny article from the Daily Mail about how the youth are reclaiming fashion. It had a cute Emma mention.

The Chanel show with the boss:
Christian Dior (with amazing Burberry jacket:) The Giambattista Valli Show: (there's a cute one with her friend)
Sonia Rykiel

Yves Saint-laurent (signing autographs)

Candid's in Paris:


There was a creepy moment this week in Paris I sort of want to talk about. In the beginning of the week a stalker video was filmed. I call it a stalker video because basically it was. It starts out great, Emma giving a photo op time for fans and paparazzi alike. The difference between fans and paparazzi becomes evident. Fans leave, paparazzi follow Emma the whole day shouting at her constantly. In my opinion, three guys following around a teen aged girl regardless of the celeb status is just wrong. Emma had already posed with them so what was the point? Finally, Emma decided to pointedly tell them NO! Enough is enough. You can't hear the conversation but you can see she is upset. Where was her security? If she doesn't have any then maybe she should give it a consideration. And being the teenager she is, she agrees to pose for photos with them again and even shakes their hands. I think that was all she was able to do considering and I do commend her grace and patience in the situation. (I probably would have punched them!) But I just didn't think it was safe. They were strangers and if that were my daughter I would be upset. Okay I'll get off my soapbox. If you want to watch it here is the link and feel free to leave a message if you like.

link:http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF3d5Vti24

On a lighter not a certain college in the states has been dealing with a Emma may attend rumor for a few years now. Once Emma announced she may be coming to the States for her college education, the rumor picked up speed. It got to the point the Associate Dean of admissions of the college had to release a statement. I think what the Associate Dean says at the end of the article sort of ties in with the stalker video. Coincidence? Sometimes things just work out like that.

link:http://www.northfieldnews.com/news.php?viewStory=46165



No comments:

Post a Comment