Thursday, April 2, 2009

Greenpeace confirms they want Emma Watson

Emma Watson tipped to be a global ambassador for Greenpeace? We reported a few weeks ago about a rumor that Emma was offered an ambassador role for Greenpeace, now a spokesman for Greenpeace confirmed they would like Emma is be part of their organization. The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, and the Washington Post among others are running this story. This is what Greenpeace had to say:

She made her name as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films. Now, glamorous Emma Watson is being courted by environmental campaigners Greenpeace to become one of its global 'ambassadors', I hear.

Sought-after: Emma Watson
The organisation made the invitation after Emma said of her green credentials: 'I cannot not be green.' The actress, who studied at Headington School in Oxford, added: 'I did my end of school project on global warming and hurricane Katrina.
'My car is electric, I recycle, I take public transportation, I try not to buy and drink bottled water. I'm not perfect, but it's something I feel strongly about.'
Now Greenpeace, keen to promote a respectable image as it raises its profile worldwide, is desperate to sign her. 'Emma would be perfect for us. She's posh, pretty, brainy and committed. She's also not too star struck to care if it's seen as vaguely controversial. She would really help.'

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1166525/Mystery-send-peer.html


The Charity Jacket

There is some more information about the auction concerning Emma's donated jacket. The director did tell us that even though the auction is not online, if you are interested in bidding, contact them and they will work something out if possible. Link:http://www.diffadallas.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment