Sunday, March 22, 2009

Emma Watson and Greenpeace

According to the Mirror Emma has been asked to be an ambassador for greenpeace. But being the Mirror they can't even quote right. The real quote (from Crash magazine) where Emma talks about being green is this:

"Are you ecologist?I could not be otherwise. I do my final project on global warming and Hurricane Katrina. I studied the effects on a small scale, such as dam projects in London, but also on a larger scale. My car is electric, I recycle, take public transportation, try not to buy and not to drink bottled water. I'm not a purist and I'm not perfect. But it is an issue that is important in my heart."

The Mirror says this:
Harry Potter actress Emma Watson is a good green teen
By Zoe Griffin on Mar 15, 09 11:20 AM in My Sunday Mirror column
Harry Potter actress Emma Watson has been asked to be an ambassador for Greenpeace.
The 18-year-old was approached by the charity after they read an interview where she said: "I cannot not be green. It's something I feel strongly about."
link:http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cgi-bin/mt/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=187&search=emma+watson

I hate went they dumbdown Emma quotes. Let the girl talk about something she believes in! No wonder nobody is posting comments at the Mirror blog. So I would take this as rumor. I saw mentions at Newsweek, NY Daily News, etc but when I clicked the link, it didn't work. So if anybody has a reliable source please post a comment and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment